Whilst in Leeds market at the weekend, we got a huge bag of mushrooms (but no canned hominy - if anyone knows where I can get some, feel free to let me know, although the recipe I needed it for will be coming tomorrow, so be quick!) so I decided to have a go at mushroom stroganoff.
I love this stuff - although a confirmed meat eater I can't get enough of mushroom dishes, they can often taste as meaty as actual meat dishes, and this dish is so quick and easy to put together, why don't you give it a try!
3 Cloves Garlic
100ml White Wine
150ml Chicken Stock
75ml Sour Cream
1tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1. Heat some oil in a large pan. Slice the onions and fry them for about 5 minutes, until they start to turn a nice golden brown colour.
2. Add the chopped garlic and paprika and cook for another minute
3. Add the chopped mushrooms, turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes, trying to keep the lid on the pan as much as possible, until the mushrooms start to soften
4. Add the stock, wine, salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced a bit.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, garnish with parsley and serve with rice, potatoes or chips! Enjoy